Sunday, February 10, 2013

Taking off!

I have been thinking about starting this blog for sometime now. I read a book by John Bytheway called "What I Wish I Would Have Known When I was Single", and it had a great impact on me! I was so inspired by so many of the things that he said in there. One thing in particular he mentioned was to instead of waiting for marriage to happen" Live Life in Crescendo". Hence the name of my new blog :) I have a great passion for change and for progression so it was something that rang true to me when I read that. My goal in this new blog is to, for one to document, or journal, my attempt to live life in crescendo, and two to hopefully be an inspiration to someone else out there! I am so excited to finally have a working computer again to get this blog off the ground and running!

I have to share an experience that happened to me today to get this blog going. I wanted to make sure to document it for my sake at least, so bare with me :)

A few days ago I was on Facebook and I came across a post of a guy that I knew on my mission. He mentioned on his status how he had had an amazing experience at a Stake Conference where he felt the message was for him, and that it was something that he needed to hear. When I read that I had the thought, "I want an experience like that." I want to be reminded that Heavenly Father is aware of me and that He is hearing my prayers to Him. Today in church I had a small experience that was a reminder to me of just that.
In my ward we had ward conference today. One of my current callings is to serve as the Institute Representative for my ward. As a result of that calling I was invited to go to Ward Council today to report how things were going in our ward for institute. When it came to be my turn I gave my little report and the meeting went on. The Stake President was in attendance and after all the reports were given he started calling on different people to bare their testimonies. I had the feeling that he would call on me, but as the meeting went on time was running out and I didn't think that he actually would. I remember thinking that I really had the desire to share what I was feeling though, so I kind of hoped that he would. Towards the end of the meeting he turned to me and asked me to share my testimony. It was a sweet sweet experience for me. I feel like I needed to hear myself say the things that I said. I started my talking about why I loved institute and going to institute. I shared that I have a strong testimony of living Prophets and the promises that they have given if we do the things that they ask us to do. President Monson has said :



“If you are a single college student, I ask you to make participation in institute a priority. Married students and other young adults are also welcome and encouraged to attend. Think of it. Friends will be made, the Spirit will be felt, and faith will be strengthened. I promise you that as you participate in institute and study the scriptures diligently, your power to avoid temptation and to receive direction of the Holy Ghost in all you do will be increased. Divine favor will attend those who humbly seek it. That is a promise which I leave with you.”
President Thomas S. Monson (April 21, 2009)


I shared my love for this statement and then for some reason I started talking about how hard life has been for me since the mission and that I keep going on because I have that testimony of living Prophets and the blessings that have been promised if only we will be faithful. I ended my testimony and felt so emotional for a long time after that.
After the meeting a sister in the Stake Relief Society Presidency came up to me and told me that she had a book that she wanted to give me about life after the mission. (She works at Deseret Book here in Pocatello). I felt so grateful for her at that moment. I felt so grateful for the experience the Heavenly Father blessed me with to be able to express that testimony. After wards many people came up to me and thanked me for sharing the things that I had shared, and that meant so much to me for some reason.
I am grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with a testimony of living Prophets and of this Church. I am so grateful for this Gospel.

Another thing that stood out to me during church today was to start a gratitude journal. Since this blog is tailored toward my journey at progression I felt like expressing the things that I am grateful would be appropriate here. So here is what I am grateful for today:

1-A new computer!!!
2-Modern technology! I was able to Skype with my sister and her sweet little family today and that was so wonderful!
3-Healthy food
4-My wonderful roommate who made me lunch today
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment